Add CBD to your life
It’s April Spring is in the air reminding us all that it will soon be time to get the swimwear out, giving us the much needed motivation to go and start that fitness regime that was meant to be started in January (you’re not the only one). So first off we will be discussing how CBD can benefit us when using in conjunction with training. We also have a tasty recipe that we use CBD oil in the mix for extra nutritional properties. Then finally we look at what happened at the Spannabis event, the largest cannabis convention in Europe where we met up with our fellow hemp ambassadors of the industry to discuss the legislation issues that we are currently being faced and how to resolve them.
First let’s look again at what CBD is ….
CBD is just one of the 118 cannabinoids in the cannabis plant. Cannabinoids already exist in your body. Scientists have identified what they call the endocannibinoid system (ECS) that modulates the activity of neurons. (9) Cannabidiol (CBD) is a phytocannabinoid found naturally in the cannabis plant. Unlike THC, which is also found in cannabis, CBD is not psychoactive.
Scientists understanding of how the ECS works and how CBD influences it is still evolving, we are carrying out own R&D as there is so little data collected on this subject area. However, based on recent studies and 2018’s The Essentials of Pain Medicine, Fourth Ed., here are the basics (5).
CB1 receptors are found throughout the brain, spinal cord, and other tissues. CB2 receptors are as well, but more of them are found in immune system tissues. CBD binding to CB1 receptors has a greater effect the central nervous system, and CBD binding to CB2 receptors has a greater effect on reducing inflammation.
The primary purpose of the endocannabinoid ECS appears to be maintaining homeostasis, which it does by keeping neurotransmitter levels in check. Consuming CBD could be treated as if it was supplementing or increasing the activity of your body’s existing endocannabinoid system.
Workout with Elite TLE CBD products
It's our core belief that through the use of exercise and diet we can improve well being and state of mind. Many body-builders, lifters, and athletes are turning to CBD to help them with the various side-effects of working out. But, did you know CBD could also posses the potential to help gain muscle and increase stamina as well?
Cortisol is a hormone that reduces protein synthesis and prevents tissue growth. Cortisol is usually to blame for not seeing the "gains" that you wish for even when doing intense workouts. One thing that you will need to understand is that cortisol levels are decreasing throughout the day, with mornings being at it's peak and evenings at it's lowest. Which is why muscle recovery is most effective at night while we're sleeping. Research has shown that CBD has the potential to decrease cortisol levels resulting in increased muscle building.
The science behind it is scarce, but pretty incredible and that’s why we are carrying out our own case studies. There are two ways that this happens the first is done indirectly through sleep. According to research on the Endocannabinoid System, CBD binds to CB2 receptors in the limbic and paralimbic regions of the brain, the control center for the Endocannabinoid System that manages sleep and mood. Research suggests that CBD can help achieve REM sleeppreventing protein synthesis and allowing muscle to grow at the most opportune moment. Secondly, that CBD can help with muscle growth as it can actually interfere with cortisol secretion.
Stamina also plays a huge part in working out and exercising.As we exercise we experience a natural high, previously it was thought to be endorphins that created this effect. But, recent research suggests that it's actually the Endocannabinoid System that produces this feeling. Anandamide is a naturally occuring cannabinoid that our bodies produce. CBD can help regulate anandamide through the Endocannabinoid System. Because of these factors it's possible that CBD can help optimize that sensation giving you a calming and pain-free effect. People have also reported energy-level improvement, and regulatory breathing while working out. CBD can also possess anti-inflammatory properties which helps prevents muscle cramps.
Although research is just in it's infancy, and our own studies wont be complete until next month, we know that CBD is beneficial. The studies that we are carrying out here at Dynamic will be pioneering in the industry. The research that is available suggests that CBD could help boost your routine in many different ways. There are many different products you can try out to find exactly what you're looking for.
Benefits of using CBD with exercise
1. Relieve Pain
2. Alternative to Pharamcuetical Pain Killers
3. Reduces Inflammation
4. Settles your gut
5. Improve Sleep Quality
6. Alternative to Opioids
How to use CBD
Tinctures are always a great place to start, but there are also protein powders, and capsules that are little more specific to working out. You can purchase our products online at www.theleafelite.comor visit us at Dynamic in Marbella where you can book a personal consultation and work out a CBD regime and fitness plan for you. Always choose an organically produced Cannabis tincture from a recognised retailer or distributor.
CHICKEN CURRY WITH CAULIFLOWER & SWEET POTATOES with ADDED CBD for a boost of homeostasis
JUMP TO RECIPEPRINT RECIPE
This delicious paleo chicken curry with cauliflower and sweet potatoes is one of my favourite gluten free one pot meals add half a dropper of CBD for extra goodness enjoy x
• 1 tbsp hemp oil plus 2 tsp divided
• 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs fat trimmed
• Pinch each of salt and pepper
• 1 small onion finely diced
• 3 cloves garlic minced
• 4 tsp ginger grated
• 3 tbsp curry powder
• 1 tbsp cumin
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 tsp cayenne
• 1 bottle 680 mL tomato passata sauce/tomato puree
• 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced into 1/3-inch cubes
• 1 can of coconut milk 400 ml can
• 1 medium head cauliflower cut into small florets (about 6-8 cups)
• 1 head rainbow chard ribs removed and cut into 3/4 inch (2 cm) pieces and leaves thinly sliced into ribbons
• 60g frozen shelled edamame (optional)
• tbsp. hemp seeds
• sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste
• coriander chopped and some left to garnish if desired as garnish
• quinoa (optional) for serving
• 4 drops TLE 5% Elite CBD Hemp tincture
• Preheat a large non-stick pan over medium high heat and add one teaspoon of oil. Season the chicken with a pinch each of salt and pepper and sear on both sides until golden brown, transfer to a plate and set aside.
• Return the pan to medium heat and add in the additional teaspoon of oil. Add the onion and sauté until it begins to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the garlic, ginger, curry, coriander, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper to taste, and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
• Next, add in the tomato sauce and the sweet potatoes, cover the pan with a lid and simmer until the sweet potato pieces begin to soften.
• Then nestle in the chicken thighs. Add the cauliflower, rainbow chard stems and then pour in the coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the cauliflower and sweet potato softens, and the chicken thighs are cooked.
• Remove the lid and stir in the frozen edamame and rainbow swiss chard leaves. Taste, and season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan with the lid again, until everything wilts down. Add the 4 drops of CBD.
Lay on a bed of quinoa, and garnish with crushed pistachios and coriander.
Lili Ilieva aged 65, Marbella
“I was suffering from pain and inflammation for sometime and even walking was becoming more difficult. After taking the 5% full spectrum for just 3 days I started to feel improvement in my movement and increased energy.”
TLE THE JOURNEY CONTINUES….
What an amazing turn out for Spannabis 2019, It was even more busy than it was last year proof of the ever increasing interest of the cannabis industry. The products were inspiring and the crowds enjoyed the music and soaked up the music and the atmosphere. The gorgeous TLE girl gang hit the crowds promoting our wonderful TLE Elite Organic products. Legislation issues in Spain are still difficult but with our new connections and affirmations for our brand, we we will continue to be the best cannabis product on the market in Europe. Supporting our brand strength through our research and continued effort to deliver amazing products that really benefit the customers using them.
Inspirational speakers attended the event and motivated me to continue with my R&D for the industry. As Adam Jaques quoted him at the event so will I You must be the change you wish to see in the world. Gandhi
Please do not hesitate to contact us on our website www.theleafelite.comfor further enquiries….Belief in The leaf.