The Bettina’s Kitchen Retreat Chef Academy
Are you uninspired cooking in the same kitchen day in, day out?
Do you long for the freedom and knowledge to play with culture, flavour and variety in your recipes?
Are you ready to travel around the world while getting paid to feed people?
Do you want to use your recipes to make a difference in the lives of people on transformational health and wellbeing journeys?
I am so excited to finally launch the The Bettina’s Kitchen Retreat Chef Academy to teach youhow to master the art of retreat cooking and implement it into a career you love.
I spent seven formative years as a retreat chef. Cooking on retreats gave mean arena in which I could experiment with my style, working methods, and flavour profiles. Twenty four hours a day for a seven day trip was a long time to be gifted with to discover ingredients and the ways in which what I did with those ingredients add value to someone else’s life. It’s intimate and growth-promoting and kept my feet steadily on the ground and in direct relationships with my clients and my craft. I now want to pass that onto you.
This course has been years in the making and planning and I am so proud to finally be able to offer this intensive learning experience to teach you:
· The nuances of retreat cooking
· How to deliver exceptional cuisine within a retreat setting
· How to curate delicious, healthy plant based dishes to nourish and inspire guests on their transformational journeys.
· How to live your dream and enjoy a successful career as a retreat chef
Being a great retreat chef is about so much more than just cooking lovely meals.
The role also requires you to also be an excellent menu planner, budget-er, accountant, and contract negotiator. The best retreat chefs know how to handle stress and time management, insurance, food allergies, and demanding clients and bosses with ease. All whilst delivering memorable, balanced meals to support yoga, exercise and the overall style and environment in which the retreats are held.
Enrol onto The Bettina’s Kitchen Retreat Chef Academy to learn all of these essential practical skills, and gain invaluable creativity, motivation, and industry connections to truly develop a rewarding career as a Retreat Chef.
The Bettina’s Kitchen Retreat Chef Academy is open to anyone currently working as a chef or a retreat chef, a venue owner, a course leader, or anyone about to embark on a career in the retreat industry, to learn the intricacies and skills required to create menus, develop recipes, manage operations and run a kitchen within a retreat setting.
I invite you to come prepared to explore and learn every detail behind creating extraordinary, unforgettable retreat food. Get ready to delve into the art of crafting a functional menu to perfectly align the flow and focus of each day on a retreat. Learn how to use food to enhance the profound lessons and experiences of guests, whilst supporting the aims of the retreat facilitators.
When is the course?
28th of October to 3rd November 2019
What to Expect
As a Retreat Chef Academy student you will:
· Gain a full understanding of how retreat cheffing works from the inside out
· Benefit from one on one coaching with Bettina for the full 7 day course, from 8:30 to 17:30 each day
· Receive access to a closed Alumni Members Facebook group for:
· Exclusive opportunities to secure work on upcoming retreats and placements all over the world.
· The invaluable ability to ask questions and have them answered while on a job.
· Tips and technique sharing and long-lasting work connections.
Each day we will eat what we make together and go in depth with every technique.
Please get in touch with any questions you have. There will only be 10 spaces available and they will be accepted through applications only.